Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A story, a poem and a quote


Author's Note: For a creative piece I decided to write a letter to Edgar Allan Poe. I wrote about what I pictured while reading some of his pieces.   

Dear Edgar Allan Poe,
My name is McKenna T and I go to Asa Clark Middle School in Pewaukee, WI. One day in language arts class we read and watched "The Tell-Tale Heart" and after read it, it really got me interested in your work. While we were watching “The Tell-Tale Heart” I just reminded me of an olden time movie since there was relatively unique, rustic, and aged gold pieces throughout the house. Furthermore the main gentlemen used these out of the ordinary words that I have never heard of before and sound more like they would be used back then. 
   
So far I have only read three of your stories "The Masque of the Red Death", "The Tell-Tale Heart" and "Silence- A Fable". I've also read some of your quotes and poems. When I first read "The Masque of the Red Death" it reminded me of the movie "The Haunted Mansion" since they kind of that the same concept. All throughout the movie they had numerous flashbacks that deals with a ball and a ballroom and “The masque of the Red Death” deals with a masque ball. In the story there was seven rooms and each had their own theme and color, and they all had a stained glass windows. At the same time as that in the movie the ballroom has a oversized stained glass window.     

Last but not least while reading “Silence- A Fable” I could almost picture everything that was going on, almost like a dream. In addition pictured a pond since it kept on mentioning water lilies and rocks and you said it looked like heaven, so it could possibly look like heaven there. Yet I’m not sure entirely what it’s about because there is a demon too throughout the story.      

Lastly I just have a couple of questions about you and being an author. First I was wondering how many different types of themes have you written about? The one that I’ve read have suspense and mystery. What is your favorite piece that you have written? Why and when did you decide you wanted to be an author? Finally, I've never thought about being an author, what got you interested in being one?

Thanks,
McKenna T  

No comments:

Post a Comment