Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I'm so not excited

Author’s Note: I wrote this creative piece to try to get some of my goals done with. So see if you can try and find some figurative language in here.   

Today is the day I have been the most nervous in my entire life since I have to sing at the basketball game tonight. The only reason why I am singing it is because I’m in choir and no one else wanted to do it, so we picked a name from a hat and guess who got picked… ME. All of friends are so supportive and are so excited for me. They’re always telling me “Oh my god you’re such a good singer, I love your singing it’s beautiful,” of course I love my friends and all but sometimes I just wish they were I don’t know a little less supportive.” Anyway back to what I was saying before so I have to sing in front of everyone, and I don’t know if I can do it. The only thing I do know is that it will help with my confidence.      
  
Everything was leading up to this moment right here right now. I was right there center stage single spotlight. Looking up at student, teacher, and parent not knowing what their reactions is going to be. Frightened, anxious, scared to death to perform the National Anthem. They’re going to love it. You’ll do great, I told myself nervously shaking the microphone.                                                                                          

“Ahem” as Mr. Baade cleared his throat “Ok here is Marilee singing our National Anthem for us, let’s give her a round of applause”, I looked up every single eye was on me, clapping. I felt so scared like I was going to throw up on the entire front row next to me. I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I could feel my face burning up, turning as red as a cherry, I didn't know what to do. I turned around, “Ok you can do this just breath in and out.” I turned back around, took one last breath and started singing. “O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light…” I did it!, I can’t believe I actually did it without messing up or throwing up.                                                                                                                                                          

“Alright thank you Marilee, great job let’s give her one last applause.” Said Mr. Baade                                   “Woo way to go Marilee ” as I heard my friends screaming at the top of their lungs over the crowd.      “Alright ok everyone now let’s get this game started!” announced Mr. Baade

Later on while the game was still going on everyone was coming up to me telling me how amazing I sounded and how will I have such a beautiful voice.                                                                                                        “Aww thanks” I tell every single one of them, truly hoping I sounded good.                                                                                                                                                           “Hey there girly, what an incredible job you did” said my best friend Kate                                                               “Oh thanks hey do you want to go gets some food?”                                                                                                   “Yes please, I thought you’d never ask.” She said cheerfully as we headed towards the cafeteria.                       “Boo did I get yea?” as our other friend said coming up to us                                                                                          “You almost gave me a heart attack” I said surprised.                                                                                                 “Yah and same here” Kate said relieved.                                                                                                                                 “So what shall we get to eat?” I asked as my stomach growled                                                                                     “How about just some sour candy? Asked Kate                                                                                                             “Ohh yah I love sour candy” announced Summer.                                                                                                            “Oh wow thanks for screaming in my ear” screamed Kate back at Summer.

After we got our candy we went and sat down, where Summer almost coughed up a hair ball.                                  “Are you alright there, do you need some water?” I asked tensely scared she was about to choke.                     “No I’m good this happened a lot.”                                                                                                                                          “Oh ok then, so what are you guys doing this weekend?” asked Kate excitedly                                                   “TGIF, probably just going to the mall” I said as I popped some sour skittles in my mouth.                                  “Yah I’m just going to my Aunt’s house to go swimming I’m so excited” she said sarcastically.                                                                                                     “Oh my these are really strong” I said squinting my face.                                                                                                    “Like Hercules, he is so strong” said Summer confused.                                                                                               “Umm nowhere near that” I said strangely.                                                                                                                      “Oh ok, well never mind then” said Summer in a snappy tone.  

As the night went on we sat at the table talked and talked for about 45 minutes. After we talked I headed home since it was getting later out. It turned out that this day wasn't all that bad, even though I thought I was going to be a disaster because of performing. But now since I did perform I’m not all that scared anymore, I’m almost glad I did sing at the game.                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment